Practical tips, tricks, recipes, and decoration ideas to help you throw a kick-ass party.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bring out the Bubbly!

Today I just want to make a recommendation for a beverage to serve during the holidays. It's a festive time of year, so you can't go wrong with something a little bubbly. Personally, I enjoy myself ten times more when Champagne or sparkling wine is served at a holiday gathering! (And if I'm happy, everyone's happy.)

It's probably best to keep a couple bottles on hand this time of year, just in case guests stop by. And if they don't get used (shame on you!) you can always bring the extras to the New Year's Party. If you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable choosing a wine, don't be afriad to ask the wine store clerk to point you towards some good choices. They are experts and love making suggestions! These bottles aren't all crazy expensive either. (Well, Champagne is, but ooohlala, worth it!) Really, you only need to start the meal or party with something bubbly, and after everyone gets a glass, you can move on to regular wines or cocktails.

My long-time favorite is Asti Spumante, at about $14 a bottle, it's a delicious and affordable option. And you can find it in any grocery store. I have a fond memory of getting tipsy on the stuff at my grandmother's birthday party when I was 17 years old. Grandma and her friends got a little giddy, too! If you want to branch out a bit, try a Spanish Cava or Prosecco ("Champagne's Sexy Italian Cousin," according to this article) that are charming to serve but won't break the budget.

Cheers!


An Asti Christmas Tree. Santa got my letter!!!

1 comment:

  1. how do you create a Christmas tree like that ? I would like to make one for my holiday party! is it a table I have to order?

    ReplyDelete