Thank you to my dear friend Julie who introduced me to pudding shots! I'm going to make a bold claim here - Pudding shots are the new Jello shot. If these have not made an appearance at any of your friends' parties yet, then prepare to become an instant hero among your group. These are imperative for any Girls' Weekend or Bachelorette Party. They are also going to be amazing at my upcoming Halloween Party.
Pudding shots are creamy little alcohol-infused spoonfuls of HEAVEN. They are great for you, the hostess, because you can make them a week ahead of time and freeze them. There are a million flavor variations to suit your party and your tastes.
Here is the basic recipe:
1 small box of INSTANT chocolate pudding
3/4 C Milk (skim works fine)
1/4 C Vodka
1/2 C Bailey's Irish cream
8 oz Extra Creamy Cool Whip
Mix the pudding mix with the milk with an electric mixer. Then add the booze and mix. Then add the cool whip and mix. Put into small cups and freeze. Serve with little spoons. Makes 24 2oz. servings.
- White Chocolate instant pudding mix with Kahlua instead of Bailey's. (Use slightly less than 1/2 Cup or it will taste too boozy.)
- Turtle instant pudding mix (they only carry this flavor around X-mas, so stock up when you see it!) with Caramel Bailey's.
- Chocolate instant pudding mix with Mint Bailey's or peppermint schnapps.
- French Vanilla instant pudding mix with 1/3 C Amaretto instead of the Bailey's.
- I haven't tried this one yet, but imagine that Banana instant pudding mix and Brandy or Rum would be divine. If someone tries this combo, let me know how it turns out!
- You can get 2 oz plastic cups with lids at GFS or other restaurant supply stores. I know GFS has mini spoons, too. The lids are key because then you can stack the shots in your freezer.
- If you have a hard time getting the pudding shot mix into the little cups, you might try putting the pudding shot mix into a large plastic bag and cutting off the corner of the bag, thus creating a way to "pipe" the mix into the little cups. Personally, I did okay just scooping the pudding shot mix with a measuring cup and dripping it into the little cups.
- Top the shot with a little dollop of whipped cream for extra flair.